Wednesday, November 20, 2019

PPPoE WAN Passthrought

Here's the issue I'm facing. Where I am in Canada, the most available and affordable fiber Internet provider is Bell, which use PPPoE authentification. My Firewall/Router (fortigate) can only use it's NPU for hardware acceleration when the MTU is of 1500.

I'm trying to figure out an affordable solution to get the NPU to work. The first one that come to mind would would be to get a router as a PPPoE client. It would need to be able to manage a gigabit connexion. Also, I'm not sure what to pick and how to do that. If you also have any other suggestions, I would be more then open to hear you out. Thanks!

Also, I must specify, I have to work with Fortinet as my employer is a reseller and I actually love the product otherwise, so, I'm not looking to replace it.

Thanks for the Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment