Wednesday, November 20, 2019

PPPoE WAN Passthrought

Here's the issue I'm facing. Where I am in Canada, the most available and affordable fiber Internet provider is Bell, which use PPPoE authentification. My Firewall/Router (fortigate) can only use it's NPU for hardware acceleration when the MTU is of 1500.

​

I'm trying to figure out an affordable solution to get the NPU to work. The first one that come to mind would would be to get a router as a PPPoE client. It would need to be able to manage a gigabit connexion. Also, I'm not sure what to pick and how to do that. If you also have any other suggestions, I would be more then open to hear you out. Thanks!

​

Also, I must specify, I have to work with Fortinet as my employer is a reseller and I actually love the product otherwise, so, I'm not looking to replace it.

​

Thanks for the Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment