Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Anyone have experience with 900mhz networking?

Hey there fellow networkers. So I have an interesting dobicle I'm trying to remedy. So I have 2 of the Ubiquity Nanobrodge m9s (900mhz variant to their networking solution). I live in Alaska, so due to large tree cover, 900mhz is my only realistic option.

So host side is approximately 1.7 miles from client side. There's a large quantity of trees ranging around 50ft in height between the two points. I'm not looking for a perfect signal, but how high do you think I'll have to mount both sides before I can even get a visible AirMax connection? At this point, I know the hardware works, but I can't even get one to see the distant end from approximately 20ft or so mount height. Maybe a pointing issue?

Long story short, any troubleshooting suggestions would be much appreciated. I have extensive networking background, but it's mostly satellite, not point to point.



No comments:

Post a Comment