Thursday, November 7, 2019

Network Deployment Engineer roles??

Hi guys,

I'm have been working for a small IT company as a Network engineer in the UK since January. They get network projects as a third party from AT&T etc to Rack, Stack, patch and upload configurations and so on.

We are currently working on a project that requires me to visit the customer sites with the PM to oversee the implementation of the network.

The customer has several sites throughout Europe, USA and Southeast Asia and I really enjoy the travelling side of the role. Unfortunately, Since January I was only given 3 Network jobs to do before this project. The rest of the time was spend as a travelling IT support engineer.

Once this Project will finish, I'm afraid that I will go back to doing mainly IT support, which I loathe, until a new network project comes along, which are few and far in between.

I guess my question begins by asking if there are any network deployment engineers here? Is the role name accurate? How high up do you have to be to do this kind of role? I found 1 or two roles on sites like glassdoor/Jobsite/indeed but the pay is significantly lower than what I'm getting paid currently. Also my preference is southeast Asia or Africa, so i'd like to hear if there are any engineers that get to travel to that area.

Any info is appreciated no matter how small.

Sorry to ramble this much.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment