Friday, November 1, 2019

Linux application for the Pockethernet

I bought the Pockethernet hardware back when it was still on indiegogo, After all this time the android application that you're supposed to use with it is still pretty crappy.

I finally took the time to write a nice GTK3 application for it that can now do some of the basic features. I haven't managed to make some of the more advanced features work like the cable length tests and more advanced link tests like DHCP and the various port-id protocols.

It's written in python and split in two parts, Wiremapper is the GTK3 application and the pockethernet library that actually handles the communication with the hardware. This makes sure that it can support other testing hardware and probably a QT5 frontend.

I hope that I can make some other network administrators very happy with this application :D



No comments:

Post a Comment