Friday, October 4, 2019

VTP Pruning Exception list

So pretty simple question, and can't seem to find a good explanation or solution on Googler.

I have a trunk link, and VTP running. Everything works as expected, but I would like to have a simple elegant solution to prune all VLANs other than the management VLAN. There is a command that is clearly intended to do exactly this but it doesn't work. Consistent with what everyone else seems to experience my scenario is this:

works fine

swi trunk pruning vlan 1-19,21-1004

kicks error "Command rejected: Bad VLAN pruning list on this interface: Gi1/0/1"

swi trunk pruning vlan except 20

Anyone have any explanation of why this command, which is clearly intended to work in such a manner, simply errors out? I mean, I get I can just workaround it and do it the way that doesn't error but accomplishes the same thing. Just curious why this option exists if it doesn't function. Or am I just missing something?



No comments:

Post a Comment