Friday, October 4, 2019

Aerohive - Roaming and Skype/Slack issues

Hi all,

Unfortunately I'm not much of a wireless gal so hopefully someone more clever than I can help me out a little bit; I'm having two issues.

The first one is that clients, a mix of Dell XPS/Latitudes and Macbooks, are having some issues roaming. I am therefore looking into perhaps enabling 802.11k/v/r but am unsure if these are a good idea to run together? Am I even in the right mindset here or should I look to just add another access point in the mix?

The second issue is that Skype/Slack audio and video seems to be cutting out seemingly randomly even when sitting right below an AP and being connected to that one specifically, I have no idea what the cause of this could be and am wondering if anyone has experienced this before. Microsoft Teams seems to be more stable than Skype/Slack for some reason.

The access points in question are AP130s.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment