Friday, October 11, 2019

Visio is a nightmare, please recommend something better.

I really like how visio has almost all of the stencils I need, which allows me to properly build out the racks (front and back), that is a big win. However, I'm trying to build a network diagram showing all the switches in the network (redundancy, multiple buildings, fiber, copper, etc....and the connector feature is driving me insane, it never wants to link things properly and automatically builds its own path often adding un-necessary 90s and overlapping of other lines.

Is there software that allows me to add in icons (switches/routers/etc) link them and have the link be dynamic, meaning, if I have to move one switch around, it stays connected to the other switch and the lines actually look nice and don't overlap/cause confusion?

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment