Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Site to Site VPN solution for SO-HO?

Hi Guys,

Network engineer hear that deals with a large enterprise grade network - working with cisco,juniper, f5 and palo alto etc...

My friend has approached me about setting up site to site connectivity for his manufacturing business - they currently have 2 sites - a main design office and a manufacturing plant(no more than 10 users in the business at the moment). Their requirement is to have the manufacturing team be able pull designs down from the head office and print down from one office to the next (essentially have the two sites able to share resources) - both sites have a 50mb internet connection currently FTTC (UK)

I dont really get involved with the small business side of things so I am not sure what is available in the marketplace outside of the big players - I was initially thinking something like an couple of ISR900s and setting up a DMVPN as this will allow them to scale out in the future - is this overkill? are there any one-box wonders that I should be looking at ? I know cisco used to do the ASA5505 but this has gone EOL/EOS I believe, and the 5506-X looks like it doesnt support L2 switching (one of the sites just has 2 people so Id rather not buy a separate switch If I can help it)

Any ideas? :) Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment