Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Network Design and Audit HELP

Im currently doing up a site drawing for a make believe business for an assignment, but I am unsure about a few things. I am not sure if what I have done at the minute is correct. I have the main cable entry for internet going through my plant room, I then connected the internet cable to a MDF (Main Distribution Frame) which I set upstairs in my building. I then have an IDF (Intermediate Distribution Frame) right next to my MDF in a cut off room which is connected to the MDF. From the IDF I then have it connected to two routers which I have in the building, one for public wifi and one for staff wifi. I then have the routers connected to switches, 4 switches up stairs connected to the staff wifi router, as there is loads of office rooms with computers, printers etc and then I have one switch downstairs which is connected to the public wifi. As someone who is new to all of this I'm struggling to completely understand if this is the right approach I am taking?

From the switches I then plan on adding ports all around the buildings in order to give internet access to the different rooms, and from the ports I plan on connecting ip phones, computers etc. Id appreciate if anyone can help guide me if I'm on the right track!

Thanks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment