Friday, October 18, 2019

Need help with setup LAN

Hello r/networking community,

I'm an employee in a company and I was told to setup a LAN. Unfortunately, this is the first time I do something like this (noob alert) and hope you might help me. I'm just not sure if I can do what I'm thinking of.

The task: LAN with Ethernet backbone for four rooms ~25 meters apart at maximum. We want to be able to connect PCs and network related stuff via Ethernet. Also, Internet is in discussion. We might want to be able to access internet at any port and we might want to connect an access point.

My solution: One layer 2 switch (20 ports, 10GBASE-T) in each room with uplink ports connected with CAT7 copper cables. I would just connect the switches via uplink port in a line topology and that's it. Later on we could add in each room an access point for WLAN (connected to a switch port) and might enable a connection to Internet via Router.

This should work out right?

Would be really nice if you can help. Sorry for my bad english.



No comments:

Post a Comment