Friday, October 18, 2019

Cisco Switch SNMP problem - snmpwalk gives variable responses

Good morning,

I have a 55 device infrastructure with fully operational snmp - except one switch. This 3650 is in a stack and seems to give me variable responses. PRTG will report it as alternating between up and down, and when I installed SNMPWalk and query that switch, I sometimes get a huge list of OIDs, sometimes just a handful, and sometimes none. It seems like the SNMP service itself is flapping.

I tried completely clearing out the config and doing "no snmp-server" and reconfigured it but this still occurs. This switch is in our 911 center so I can't do a reboot without a lot of red tape and explaining.

Anyone have thoughts on other things I can try? I'm mostly concerned that this is a symptom of a larger issue with the switch.



No comments:

Post a Comment