Friday, October 25, 2019

Forward incoming TCP packet to a different port

Hello so I have been working on this all day and have had no luck. First off I have no router atm, I am just using my mobile phone hotspot.

I have an offsite server that is sending packets to an application running on my windows machine. I have a proxy setup that will listen on a port ( 7776 ). It will then let me log the packet and send it on to its destination. ex: port 56000 on my local machine.

The problem I am running into is I can't tell the server to change what port it is sending to on transmission. I can't find a way to monitor my incoming network traffic for port 56000, redirect it to 7776, so my proxy can then send it on its journey.

I can't have my proxy simple listen on port 56000 because then when the location application starts so it can request the data from the server, it will not be able to bind a listener to that port as well.

What am I missing? Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment