Saturday, October 26, 2019

Are there any popular science books about (the history of) networking?

I've entered the networking profession a few months ago after migrating from being a SysAdmin. As most of us will agree, networking and its history is fascinating. As such I wonder if anyone can recommend me any popular science books about networking and its history. While there is an abundance of books about subjects with similar historical importance (from flight to space travel to programming), I haven't been able to find any high quality books about networking. The reason I personally ask is twofold:

  1. As a new network engineer, I want to at least be familiar with terminology and concepts not likely to be found in the wild anymore. I feel it will make me a better networking engineer if I'm able to compare current technologies and protocols to their precursors.
  2. My wife has expressed interest in the field and I want her to get a glimpse of the history behind it.

Any tips?



No comments:

Post a Comment