Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Fiberstore horror story

I don't have the time nor inclination to write up a huge post so i'll keep it succinct.

Bought the 8 port PoE injector from FS because I didn't want the hassle of trunking a PoE switch to my non PoE core switch. It arrives after ONE MONTH. I rack it up and plug it in with a good quality power cable (came with a chinese plug). Turns on fine, all LEDs light up. Start plugging some 802.3af compliant stuff in (phones and APs). They turn on for a split second then off again. Popping sounds come from the FS injector.

FS injector is dead and so is hundreds of dollars worth of stuff plugged in. FS account manager has approved my RMA request but is only offering a 4% discount on future orders, no compensation for the destroyed equipment.

I've learnt my lesson, buy a name brand for anything you care about. I now don't recommend FS for anything other than cables and transceivers because those can't fuck up.



No comments:

Post a Comment