Friday, October 4, 2019

Could use some help on cisco switch config.

Hi everyone,

First time posting. I'm relatively new to networking. Got my Network+ cert but I'm not a super savvy network admin. Mostly a book worm and just having the opportunity to apply my knowledge at work. To the point. I'm installing Grandstream VoIP phones on 5 cisco catalyst 2960 switches.

The issue we have on one switch in particular is trying to connect multiple devices, phone, pc, printers, etc on an unmanaged switch to the port. Either the phone will connect just fine but when a pc is plugged in, the "network down" status on the phone comes on and nothing works. If I have the pc plugged in to the unmanaged switch it will run fine but then plugging in the phone the phone wont connect(network down). So it seems to be one or the other but they work with everything else plugged in just a conflict when the pc and phone are connected.

I've tried static ip's to the phone, voice vlan, cisco phone and pc on the smartports, different dumby switches, changing port security features, comparing configs to working ports there is nothing different that I can see. When looking at port security on a particular port 3 mac addresses show up but the phone won't. I've tried to change vlan settings in the phone itself and nothing works. I've set access on those ports to voice vlan and a data vlan I created and nothing. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out right now. Any help with suggestions that you can explain greatly appreciated. The dumby switch is netgear and it's 4 poe and 4 regular ports to the incoming wall. Cables are fine everything is cat 5e and above. LLDP is enabled globally. I tried to look at port security saw that 2 mac addresses were enabled per port and set that to 10 to test that. I've plugged the phones directly into the ports from the switch and they will run fine in each one.

Thanks for anyone that helps out.



No comments:

Post a Comment