Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Cisco Firepower VM licensing

Hi Guys,

Please help me with the Cisco Firepower licensing. I am really confused.

In 2017 we bought:

1x Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center Virtual Appliance License - 10 managed devices

4x AMP / URL / IPS licenses to manage our 4 ASA firewalls.

As expected AMP / URL / IPS licenses expired after a year and we got extensions in 2018 and 2019. All good here.

But what happens with the Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center Virtual Appliance License? Is this a one-off, or a yearly cost? The FMC is running fine, I just updated it to 6.4.0.6 using the web interface. But I noticed there is also 6.5.0 release, and it is not showing up using web GUI, so I logged into my Cisco account to download the update manually from there. It does not let me, saying I need more entitlement.

Do I need to renew my FMC license? Do I need smartnet for my virtual FMC?

If so, do I only need it to get new updates?

Cisco, why are you so confusing?!



No comments:

Post a Comment