Thursday, October 24, 2019

Advanced routing monitoring tool needed

Hi guys,

I've got a carrier-like backbone network running OSPF and ISIS (various parts used for different services) with BGP on top of it. I've got L3VPN and L2VPNs and it's all done on a whole bunch of ASRs.

I'm looking for a monitoring tool out there that could out of the box perform the following:

- Advanced routing protocols monitoring per vrf (i.e. recieve traps and digest based on specific OIDs, because for example OSPF does not send process ID in traps, but it does router-ID, so If my backbone OSPF goes down I want to know, but if a customer PE-CE one in a VRF goes down, I don't care as much)

- Advanced routing path changes per vrf (regardless if it's next hop of BGP or an LSP path that changed)

- Advanced route changes, if I'm recieving 100 routes from a BGP peer, and suddenly I'm getting 92 of them, I want to know about this change via trap or inform.

Keep in mind that I have aggregate ports towards public clouds and a whole bunch of customers inside them, so I need the tool to be VRF aware and service-instance (EVC) aware as well. I'm currently checking LiveNX Live action, Netbrain and some others but I can't seem to find anyhting that would have a support of VRF as per above.

Any tools come to mind? Observium does some of this, but it does not support SNMP Traps so it's not ideal as I'm dependant on polling timers or syslog captures.

thanks

Edit: Forgot to say, I'd prefer the tool to be on-prem and not SaaS but feel free to suggest.



No comments:

Post a Comment