Thursday, September 19, 2019

What do you wish you knew?

I'm not sure if this violates rule #5 or not, but I am a little anxious about this job I just accepted.

I am a senior in the network management and technology major at my university and just landed my first networking job. I have never worked in the field, I have always worked in pharmacy and a way to pay for school. That being said, I spend a lot of my free time at home playing with servers, computers, and networking labs. I feel like I have a lot of information but I am scared about the practical application of the information in the job field. I just wanted to come here and ask what you guys wish you had known or brushed up on before going into your first networking job. Is there a protocol or specific task you wish you had learned before going into the job?

I realize every organization is different and may have different hardware/software/business needs but anything I can look into and brush up on might help.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment