Thursday, September 19, 2019

Need help finding a loop

So this thing has been at me all day

We have a warehouse satellite office that has been giving me issues the whole day.

The problem: I installed a 48P+4SFP ubiquiti switch as the main switch, there are four other switches in the warehouse that have fiber running to this switch on the SFP ports. When all four ports are active, Port 49/50 simulteanously go on and off - it might be all of them but I definitely see it happening to these two.

I don't see any loops. I have traced out each interface and the device attached to them. I turned off any devices that could cause issues. There are some switches connected to those four switches, but nothing of interest. I even turned off STP thinking it would cause an issue.

I cannot identify anything. Could it by the ubiquiti not supporting the SFP? I notice they're SFP1/SFP+1/SFP2/SFP+2 ports.



No comments:

Post a Comment