Saturday, September 14, 2019

ROAS with switch stack or collapsed core for small office

I have a new office opening in the next couple of months. Currently debating the design with myself.

In either design the gateway will be a ha pair of firewalls as they have already been bought.

2 options I'm thinking of:

  1. Stack of 5 Cisco 9200's with a roas setup. Will need to purchase the switches as we don't have any currently spare. This is what we have in another office so would standardise deployments.

  2. Make use of existing stock. Core/distribution of 3650's X 2. 5 random switches at the access layer - will probably be a mix of 2960x's and ex3400's. This would give me more budget to spend on access points.

Option 1 works, and we have another office set up exactly like that now.

Option 2, am I being fancy just for the sake of it?



No comments:

Post a Comment