Saturday, August 17, 2019

Is it possible to combine Dante, HiQnet, Art-Net, and Video over IP with a Multilayer Switch?

The concept would be applied to temporary AV event setups. Essentially I would like to try to combine all AV signals (audio, lighting, video, and component control) with their respective protocols over fiber so that a single line can be run up to an MLS on the truss hanging from the ceiling and then split off to projectors, speakers, and lights using their various receivers/adapters.

I'm familiar with the networking involved within each discipline but I've never seen anyone attempt to combine it all under one massive managed network, and as a result I can't find a definitive answer as to whether or not it can technically be done on this scale. Most of my research has brought me to sites talking about permanent AV installations for offices and campuses, however in my opinion this is a whole different kind of AV.

I'm hoping that this kind of query fits in with this sub, if not then I'll remove it and post it elsewhere. Any advice that people can give would be greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment