Saturday, August 17, 2019

Best Layer 7 WAF for Reverse Proxy? Automatic string modeling and analytics?

Looking for recommendations for a Layer 7 filter that I can run as a reverse proxy, that actually makes it easy to exclude patterns without writing regexes. I want to go to some sort of graphical interface, select a pattern with a mouse, and then just choose exclude or rewrite. Even better, I really want to run analytics on data such as sentiment analysis, so that I can rewrite or block packets based on a model, rather than the exact string.

Any suggestions? It doesn't need to be entirely on premise. If I could use an ipsec tunnel to a service and then manipulate egress, that would be ok (perhaps even ideal).

Only needing to handle about 10 MBps.

#Edit:
I have used Palo Alto and Juniper boxes to accomplish this and they're not very smart. They're still essentially regex pattern matching. If they don't provide then signature then I spend a lot of time building the string patterns. They take a lot of continuous work. I'm hoping to find something more automated or intelligent that can learn my traffic and develop new patterns on its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment