Friday, August 30, 2019

How to get around WiFi throttling ?

I live in a student resident, and there is an open WIFI with a limited bandwidth of 5/5 Mbyte Up & down per connection .

I used two phones and my laptop, each with their own connection to the wifi. Then I shared my phones' connection with the laptop using bluetooth/USB Tethering. then merged all 3 of them using https://speedify.com. It worked fine, and managed to get 15/15 up & down.

Being a broke college student, and having access to free VPS on google cloud / amazon. I was wondering if I could set up my own VPN and do the vpn bonding speedify does on my own to save some money. I currently have no idea how to do so, I didn't find anything on the internet.


However, i've read that using a VPN through port 53 might bypass any restrictions, is that true?

Thank you <3



No comments:

Post a Comment