Friday, August 30, 2019

Help with 10Gb Switch Performance

I manage IT for a SMB company. Most of my background is Systems. I inherited the current setup and I have been cleaning it up slowly. I have two 10Gb switches being used for our Dell/EMC VxRail cluster (3 node). A few VLANs setup for vsan, vmotion.

What I am trying to figure out is why if two machines (not part of the cluster) with 10Gb NICs only get 115MB/s throughput when copying files. Backups to a NAS with a 10Gb NIC max out at 200MB/s. The two 10Gb switches do have uplinks to the existing 1Gb switches where workstations/printers/etc are connected. It almost seems as if the path of the data is leaving the 10Gb switch and going through the 1Gb switches and back. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment