Friday, August 30, 2019

Closest Autonomous AP to Cisco that can be configured 100% in CLI

Hi All,

I have used Cisco Aironet exclusively for the past 12 years. I have a network of 413 AP's spread across the globe, all in Autonomous mode. You may or may not know, but with the latest line of Cisco AP's (1832/2802), Cisco has abandoned autonomous/standalone IOS. Now your only options are CAPWAP or Mobility Express, which causes headaches with existing networks. It seems Cisco has forgotten that not all of us manage a 3 building school district that can swap out their entire wireless infrastructure in a weekend, or that those of us managing large scale hub-n-spoke networks don't all do things properly and spare no expense when the budget or time is a problem.

So, at this point, I'm looking to abandon Cisco Aironet going forward, but I want to replace it with something that works/is configured almost identically to how Aironet autonomous/standalone IOS is configured on the CLI. Let me stress that last part - I HATE the GUI. Looking for something CLI based. I need to broadcast a staff wifi on vlan 1 and a guest wifi on vlan 22, so the radio and gigE interface needs to be capable of sub-interfacing.

Suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment