Thursday, August 15, 2019

10 Gbps Ethernet/Coax Internet

I just moved into my dorm room for uni in Mexico and being on the fourth floor of a concrete building, I can't connect to the Wi-Fi, period.

There are however two hardline connections in the room: one is coaxial and the other is straight up ethernet. My roommate, being a fourth-year, knew to take the ethernet the first day leaving me with the inconvenient coax connection.

I'm trying to connect my laptop (MacBook Air, mid-2011) directly to the coax to achieve gigabit speeds. I've done a lot of research and I know that this is possible through the lightning port (up to 10 Gbps) but I can't find the right Coax-to-ethernet adapter, Cat 6 ethernet cable, or coaxial cable (at least one that handles this speed for sure.

I don't need and probably can't use MoCa because the coax line is already dedicated to ethernet.

Anyone know where I can find any of the above?



No comments:

Post a Comment