Saturday, July 27, 2019

Will This Work? Site to Site + Reverse Proxying

Hi All,

So I want to go ahead and forward some subdomains to my homelab services so I can access things on the go.

The reason why I have this convoluted setup pretty much boils down to two reasons:

  • My ISP (because I have a consumer grade connection at home) disapproves hosting things from home.

  • My school employs DPI, so VPNing into my home network would require having to wrap traffic using SSL (I found the documentation for sTunnel to be sorely lacking though, and I'd rather not violate a school network use policy from a moral standpoint)

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is what I have in mind: https://imgur.com/a/jfeJsA3

Will this work? I believe this should work on a fundamental/theoretical level, but I want to get a sanity check from some of the more seasoned experts on here before I dive into NGINX configuration. I have the site to site set up already, and the NGINX webserver can see all the VMs on the 10.2.0.0/16 network. Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment