Saturday, July 27, 2019

LTE Connection VPN Help

Hello all, I'm hoping to get some pointers.

I am trying to route a location that uses LTE as its only provider through a VPN. The devices I'm using is a Mofi4500 (AT&T)
which is obviously nat'd. I'm bridging that to a Ubiquiti Sec Gateway. I'm also using OpenVPN.

Essentially I will need a static Public IP to access devices on this network (ie. portforward, remote access etc..). I was able to get the connection going on my USG device and am able to ping through the VPN. My problem is my IP is still showing as the ATT provided IP. Even if I use the OpenVPN Client and route through that it simply does not change. I can see the bandwidth of the server throttle meaning a connection is established but the IP does not change. Iv'e used digitalocean droplet to set it up but i've also tried astrill vpn with no luck.

I'm really new when it comes to VPN's as I'm studying for my CCNA now. Any help or guidance is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment