Thursday, July 11, 2019

Theoretically a simple question....

I have two sites; one on fiber -site A (100meg), one on Comcast business cable modem - site B (300meg). Site A has about 50 employees, site B has about 40 employees and each site has the same type of functions so internet/intranet usage is about the same. There is a Cisco (5516x) site to site VPN between and in general all traffic from site B is routed through the VPN to site A. This is mainly done for security and sharing of resources located at site A. There is many times where I cannot run certain things as the tunnel gets flooded with traffic even though I have QoS on the tunnel.

Basically, I'm looking for a solution to improve traffic flow as my boss thinks throwing fiber at site B would help but I think that would be a waste of our budget and not really a solution in the first place.

TIA



No comments:

Post a Comment