Monday, July 1, 2019

Question about STP change on Cisco FTD mgmt link

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope it will make sense for You.

Couple of days ago, in envirement I try to maintain, I saw on one of the switches that 'topology change detected' and also a 'new root bridge in STG xx' so I tried to figure out what was going on.

I started from core switch from 'sh spanning tree vlan xyz detail' and noticed that this was a root bridge and last change came from link po2. Than I logged on the switch after po2 and did same and again, and again, finally reaching a mgmt cisco switch that was configured as transparent in vtp, and uplink was in trunk mode, also that switch has only 3 mgmt vlans and not the one I was searching for. To that switch I have only connected mgmt links from FTD / fire power / ASA. Unforrunatelly I am not allowed and do not have any Access to that device, nor I have any information what that device is doing or when it was rebooted. But at my segment it has only mgmt links connected. Later that day same information log on other multiple vlans also same that last change lead me to mgmt switch, that had no such vlan configured.

I taking all advise to figure out how to troubleahoot this. Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment