Monday, July 1, 2019

Basic Multicast RPF Question

Apologies, my multicast is quite poor. Take the simple network: https://imgur.com/a/GfpQ143

The normal unicast path between C and F is C-B-A-D-E-F. I'd like multicast to flow C-B-E-F. I'm using static mroutes on B and E to influence this path; however, multicast won't work. Debugging B shows the RPF check is using A, the unicast path. The mroute is in place, show ip rpf <IP> shows E is the RPF interface, yet debugging still shows A as being chosen for the RPF check. The second I change unicast routing to route between B and E multicast begins working and debugging shows E as the chosen next-hop interface for the RPF check. Is my understanding just wrong? I'm still actively labbing and reading to better understand and thought any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment