Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Need help setting up multi-homed BGP 1 ISP 2 routers.

Hello r/networking, I was hoping to get some advice on our current setup as all the research I've done is for a different type of topology and I'm presently trying my best to come up with a viable solution here and would like some help if possible. Everything on my end AS1111 and back is Cisco.

Ultimately I'm trying to achieve load-sharing on our environment and then have equal routes advertised back to S1/S2.

I've found two ways now to do this so my confusion keeps growing as I read more into it. Some people are saying to run iBGP between R1/R2 and set an AS prepends to have one be primary, another is saying to set higher local preference.

Can anyone explain to me the differences? Pros/Cons?

Any guidance would be appreciated, thank you!

Here's my current netmap to our provider.



No comments:

Post a Comment