Saturday, July 27, 2019

How to copy detailed version information from Cisco switch to remote server?

Hello! r/networking!

Let's say I want to copy detailed version information from Cisco switch to remote server via tftp. And I can only use the "copy" command.

What should I do?

Currently I am able to copy the " system:running-config" to my tftp server. However the information I can get is just a fuzzy firmware version like “12.2” not ‘’12.2(25)SE1”.

I have some ideas:

  1. Find if some file preserves the version information so that "show version" command can print it. But I just can't find it. Maybe it was read from the running firmware and saved in memory?
  2. Can I execute multiple commands in one line? Is there some terminator in command shell?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment