Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Another printer story

I think printers are universally hated by IT, this is one of the weirder things I've seen.

A business with 9 HP printers, same model, all had them stop responding to the printer server over VPN today. The printers were locally accessible, PC's on the same network had no VPN issues. If I shut/no shut the printer port they would become accessible again over VPN, If I went to the printers network setup page and simply clicked "apply" the printer would start responding again. I dropped the tunnel, bounced the switch/firewall, printers would come back up for a few minutes then go dark across VPN. Tonight, everything seems to be working perfectly fine across VPN. At this point we're pointing to a solar flare, completely clueless.



No comments:

Post a Comment