Monday, June 3, 2019

What is a 'flash: ' directory ? I am using a jumpStation

So I am an intern at a company that writes python scripts to automate the testing of networking devices. I learned something new today and I was wondering if anyone can clarify this for me.

Today I was to test a switch and login it using putty (SSH). So what in putty I can access the python console. When you are in the python console, you can run any script you want as long as it's in your current directory. I had trouble running a script today because my python files were in the C drive on the local directory of the jump station. However, python was saying there is no file with a certain name in this directory. So I type commands to tell me what directory putty/python is in currently:

>> import os >> os.getcwd() 

and the output was:

'flash: ' 

What is this directory ? A coworker told me it is a RAM but I'm a little confused here. Keep in mind this is a terminal for a switch. Can anyone describe to me what is a 'flash: ' directory ? Thanks for the help!



No comments:

Post a Comment