Tuesday, June 25, 2019

VIRL setup onESXi

Hey,

Question about setting up VIRL on an ESXi environment. I don't do the VM setup so I'm not sure about the network setup. What is the purpose of the Flat, Flat1, SNAT and INT networks? Do they need to be setup for VIRL to work? Our systems guys are a PITA so I need to make sure that I give them the correct specifications when I ask them to build the ova.

I know the first NIC should be the management network, but beyond that I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done. Do I need to have these VLANs set up on the switch? Are these just networks that need to be used by VIRL itself? What is the easiest way to set this up?

Should I set up a new vSwitch with VLAN ID All and no physical adapters associated? Then associate that new vswitch with those four interfaces on the VIRL host?

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment