Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Show details of transceiver in CVR - Nexus 7K?

G'day everyone

My google skills have failed me, either because of half a bottle of wine or because the answer doesn't exist, so I was hoping someone could share their experience or confirm I'm out of luck on this one.

I've just moved some coloured ZR SFP+ modules from native 10G ports into CVRs in QSFP ports in breakout mode. Three of my four links came up no problems, but one hasn't. I suspect a physical issue, but when I did the usual 'show int ethx/x/x transceiver detail' to see if it was low light vs no light, I got some awesome information about the CVR itself, but nothing about the SFP+ module inside it, including light levels. Tab complete and the trusty context sensitive help haven't come through for me this time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or is the caveat of using the CVR that I no longer get the DOM information and I should just get my junior to stare into the fibre and evaluate how blind he becomes on a 10 point scale (he's got two eyes, it's fine)?



No comments:

Post a Comment