Monday, June 3, 2019

Router/Modem Help

Moved to a new house recently and have my gaming PC in the basement. Using Comcast atm and before you say anything, cannot run an ethernet cable down here unfortunately, had new floors installed and dont want to go through that hassel. Currently using the router/modem combo through Comcast and instead of paying the "rental fee" I would like to buy a modem and router and probably a wifi-extender to help with connectivity in the basement. I have been doing some research for a week now and the favorites that I can see are ASUS, Ubiquiti or Netgear Nighthawks.

My question is, which one should I get? Are there any bundles out there for all 3 items? Not trying to spend 500 for these expensive routers that I see and with my knowledge of PCs, I know nothing of networks. My main issue is getting wifi in the basement, which as we stand now, it isnt horrible but I believe a wifi extender/repeater would help immensely. Sorry for the inexperienced questions, I just have on idea what to get and what would help me best with the PC being in the basement.

Thank you,

From a network newb



No comments:

Post a Comment