Saturday, June 15, 2019

Real head scratcher. Can access internal network, cant access external.

One of our customers went offline today. Unable to remote into any device but I was able to access the firewall (Sonicwall). From the firewall I was able to ping every server and workstation.

I was able to get into the hyperv server via iDRAC. I could ping every device internally but I was unable to hit Google or anything outside the network. A reboot of the firewall seemed to fix the issue and called it day.

I received a complaint a little later in the day that a single computer couldn't access the internet. Went onsite and it had the similar symptoms as before - computer was receiving an ip from the dhcp server, I could ping everything inside the network, couldn't ping outside the network, and to make the issue stranger, I couldn't ping this computer from any other device on the network. Once again, A reboot of the firewall resolved the issue.

I was hoping reddit would have some suggestions on where to look. Verified no duplicate IPs, sonicwall is not doing dhcp, made sure signature 5 (EKE) was disabled. Nothing seems to be going on with DNS (all ping tests were via IP). There are no funny lan to wan rules.

I will likely end up opening a case with sonicwall on Monday if I don't see anything in the meantime.



No comments:

Post a Comment