Saturday, June 8, 2019

Mega basic VLAN question that I can't seem to solve.

Hi,

​

Really need a bit of advice to fix this scenario.

​

Mega basic config, but can't seem to get this working.

​

Basically, I have a Cisco switch with DHCP enabled for voice (don't have access to this), connected to a Dell fibre distribution switch (Powerconnect 6024F), where I then have to pass traffic across to a 3560 and down to a VoIP telephone.

​

I want to tag the packets when they leave the Cisco voice, so they can be passed across the Dell, to the 3560, to the phone.

​

Current theoretical config that doesn't seem to work:

​

Cisco (voice/DHCP) - Dell (port 16, configured as access on VLAN 999)

Dell - Cisco 3560 (already configured as a trunk, added VLAN 999)

Cisco 3560 trunk (already configured, has "trunking VLANs Enabled: ALL" in the config, so assuming that it'll accept my VLAN 999)

Cisco 3560 - test VoIP telephone - Access port on 999

​

Reaching out and would really appreciate some pointers in where the config doesn't look correct?

​

Can post configs if required.

​

Thanks,

​

/storr84



No comments:

Post a Comment