Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Juniper study books for Junos beginner

Hi all,

I'm looking for some good Junos books but i'm a bit lost at the (official) study material / books that come in handy.

I'm looking at the day one guides but i wonder if this will help me enough for certifications like JNCIA and the security / enterprise routing track (like Routing the Internet Protocol , Exploring the Junos CLI, Second Edition )

I also see some of these books being recommended ( https://www.amazon.com/Junos-Enterprise-Routing-Practical-Certification/dp/1449398634 ) which seem more in like with the material i'm used to like CiscoPress.

FYI i bought myself a SRX210 for study and just re-certified my CCNP, so i'm comfortable with network principles. Its just the Junos details and OS navigation that i'm worried about, as well as the exam preparation.

I like learning out of books and physically working with devices (hence the SRX210.) If online learning is the only proper resource then i can deal with it as well, however i find Junos Genios an absolute pain in the ass. The material itself is great but their Android app keeps crashing, i can't full-screen their videos on my PC etc. What a hot buggy mess.

Thanks for any recommendations.



No comments:

Post a Comment