Friday, June 7, 2019

Issues with Aruba Instant AP's (x-post sysadmin)

Hello dear Redditors,

I need help with our Aruba Instant AP's, 'cause I'm really losing my mind.

We are having a couple of issues with a small scale Aruba Instant AP network, most (if not all) of which are Aruba AP-92.

The main issue is that the access points frequently “kick” clients off the network, sometimes the Wi-Fi networks also go down / invisible, sometimes the network won’t let the users connect to anything (no internet, no local devices).

Another minor issue is that when they work, they’re unusually slow, in quite an odd way.

One way data transfer is fine. But everything else isn’t.

RDP is very slow. Server connections take a long time, and running reports on our ERP take much longer than on wired network.

This is our configuration:

  • We have two Wi-Fi networks, one for workers and one for guests (altough the previous adminconfigured that as a workers network as well, don't ask).
  • These networks are being broadcasted from multiple AP’s distributed in 3 different buildings all connected through a high speed radio link.
  • All the AP users complain about being “kicked” off the network – Wired users don’t have any issue.
  • I haven’t seen a VC in the network.
  • No master AP has been configured.
  • The configuration has been the same for about four years or more, but the issue has been ongoing for about four months.

The master AP is usually assigned to a location that’s not where our main server is.

Last month I have tried configuring one AP as a master that was near our server, but another admin reverted the change, rambling about me misconfiguring the AP, despite the fact that I've thorougly followed the manuals.

I could provide some logs but they may have company infos inside 'em so I'm giving them in chunks on request.

I’ve been “kicked” off the network like six times typing this, and a couple more times earlier this morning.

Log File #1

I could throw in some golds to the people who will contribute positively.



No comments:

Post a Comment