Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Is anyone else considering starting over with the new Cisco Certs?

I saw some blogs around the web, and read the new CCIE requirements - hooooly hell.

TBH I am thinking of starting over at the CCNA level and working back up to CCIE level. I have 0 experience with DNAC and that is going to be VITAL to all the exams moving forward. They have removed all the pre-requisites from the CCNA so I figure I might just start back at that base level, and move from there.

The new CCIE track is only (1) CCNA Exam, (2) CCNP Exams, (1) CCIE Lab. This is a massive shift from where it used to be. I have been deploying Cisco Wireless for about a decade now and the only reason I have been as successful as I have been thus far in my CCIE studies, is all my past experience. Being that most of that is now thrown out the window, I feel like (1) The learning Curve and (2) Training materials availability are a large driver for me just to start over from scratch.

I imagine the CCNA trainers will get into shape rather quickly followed by the CCNP tracks. The great news is there are FAR FEWER tracks for them to develop content around, so I would expect the training community to have a far greater success in developing content.

I am a current NetworkDojo Customer and it is going to take Jeff some time to get all the new material squared away and available. I figure I could at least tackle the CCNA and CCNP levels to fill in my knowledge gaps (especially around DNAC) as I prep back up to the CCIE level.

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment