Tuesday, June 11, 2019

How much should I charge for a site-to-site VPN?

Hi all,

I hope I've popped this in the right place and it isn't classed as "early career advice", or a dumb question.

I've been offered a spot of freelance work on the side.

The job is to set up a site-to-site VPN between two sites, I've been given the requirements, one end of the tunnel is done and the other side is using a Meraki Security Appliance.

It sounds a small job at a small site tbh, but I'd budget a few hours just to account for any change control, rollback, documentation, unforeseen complications etc.

You all know how these "small jobs" work out...

I'd like to go contracting - but I'm not actually sure what I'm worth. I don't want to undersell myself, but I don't want to take the piss.

In terms of my skill set right now, I've got a CCNP R&S, CCNA Security and a lot of experience on other vendors kit (such as Meraki...)

Any idea what I should be charging for this? Per hour? Based in the UK.

Research seems to suggest £300 per day for a reasonably skilled engineer.

Thanks for any advice :)



No comments:

Post a Comment