Monday, June 10, 2019

Help with VLANing

I am going to be setting up a network for a Phone system and needs some help with getting the VLANs setup properly. The network consist of a router(192.168.0.1) performing a site to site connection for the phones(192.168.1.X) back to the main office and then the PCs(192.168.0.X) that go to the internet. So my question is if I only have one wire that is going to go from the switch to the Phone then from the Phone to the PC, what do I have to do to make it so the phones get the IP they need and the PCs get the IP they need. Does the router need to be aware of the VLAN? Can I just assign MACs to VLANs to ensure proper IP addressing? Is there a better way to do this? I will gladly provide any information that might be missing.

EDIT: Switch is an HP Aruba 48 Port POE Switch and the Phones are something that are going to be Provided and was told they just needed a VLAN.



No comments:

Post a Comment