Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Help me make sense of this

I inherited an environment(school district) that didn't have a guest network. Everyone knew the passwords to the wireless ssid. Now that summer is in I have a chance to configure a guest network.

Our Access Points are Extreme APs

Wireless controller is Extreme Controller that is vm running on our HP Blade Chasis.

Guest topology configuration requried me to st a Layer 3 IPv4 so the guest splash page will work.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m1V45hnmHaTH9Qz17

Our blade chassis has 4 NICs. On the switch that the blade chassis is attached the interfaces are configured like below:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26 description Blade Chasis NIC port link-type hybrid undo port hybrid vlan 1 port hybrid vlan 10 120 155 to 156 tagged port hybrid vlan 6 untagged port hybrid pvid vlan 6 broadcast-suppression pps 3000 undo jumboframe enable stp edged-port enable 

vlan 6 is our servers

vlan 120 is 1:1 wifi

vlan 155 employee wifi

vlan 156 is prod wifi(don't ask me)

vlan 10 is the guest wifi I'm creating

I can't ping the 10.1.10.2 from the switch the controller vm is on.

My Question: Are the interfaces configured correctly? What am I missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment