Friday, May 10, 2019

Router internet connection issue

Hey guys,

The past days I am experiencing a weird problem. I have a Mi Router 3G acting as a wired repeater connected to my modem-router via the WAN port and I have devices connected to it both via ethernet and wifi. While the modem-router recognizes the router, there is no communication between the modem-router and the router except for some kbps of data which I see in the router's admin panel.

When my smartphone is connected to the router via wifi, says "Connected, no internet".

When my PC is connected to the router via ethernet, it cannot load pages at all.

When I put the ethernet cable which is connected to the ethernet port of the modem-router to my PC directly, my PC has internet connection.

I have tried: rebooting the modem-router, rebooting the router, changing operation mode of the router to act like an access point instead of a repeater, turning the router's firewall off.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.: I know that the 1st rule of this sub is to not post about home networking, but I couldn't find help anywhere else.



No comments:

Post a Comment