Friday, May 10, 2019

Coding prep for interviews

Hi Fellow Networking people!

I have been in networking field for 6+ years now. Have a very diverse background and work for a global company. Things seem good but I am trying to up level and interview at companies like google/facebook/netflix where automation and writing code is a must have skill.

I do some coding at my current job but its laborious and takes a while to figure out. I am not able to perform as well as I would like in coding interviews as a result since those are time bound.

I am also facing issues in trying to figure out what type of questions to prep for as there is so much scope interviewers can cover. This means I end up focusing on non relevant coding skills through sites like leetcode.

Can someone with prior experience with interviewing at google/facebook/netflix recommend what I should focus on? I am not asking for sharing interview questions but just some high level advice on what topics and study material I should be concentrating on, specifically relevant to network engineering.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment