Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Cisco WAPs and Cellular modules

Let me preface, I know that these products are discontinued.

But.

Wifi calling sucks. In an environment where I have to support every model of cell phone ever made for both data and voice (for those that do wifi calling anyway), it is a lose-lose situation.

I have about 300 corporate issued phones that all work just fine on our specially tuned wireless network - set up just to support wifi calling on iphones. that's not the problem.

It's all the other models that are out there that I need to find a way to make work.

Cisco had a great idea - an AP that you could add cellular repeater modules right onto. And then discontinued it.

Does anyone have these? Have experience with them?

I'm starting to feel like it might be worth jumping on Ebay and buying a few to deal with my worst problem areas - rather than spending 8k per antenna to do specialty cell repeaters.

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment