Saturday, May 4, 2019

Anyone ever had issues with upgrading a Zabbix Proxy?

Been trying to figure out what is going on with a recent attempt to upgrade a Zabbix proxy.
Basically I have a virtual machine (CentOS 7) where I had configured a Zabbix proxy (and agent) using version 3.4.

Due to the fact the latest version of Zabbix is 4.2 I thought to myself "why not update it?" so I went on to this new adventure. The problem is: I was able to update my agent (which is now on version 4.0.7) but my proxy is still on version 3.4.

This were the commands I have used:

systemctl stop zabbix-proxy
systemctl stop zabbix-agent
rpm -Uvh https://repo.zabbix.com/zabbix/4.0/rhel/7/x86_64/zabbix-release-4.0-1.el7.noarch.rpm

yum clean all

yum makecache

yum -y update zabbix-proxy-sqlite3.x86_64 zabbix-agent

systemctl start zabbix-proxy

systemctl start zabbix-agent

Right now I'm not sure anymore what I can possibly do. My server is currently on version 4.0.7 so it won't "speak" to proxies below 4.x

Is there anything I could possibly do or would it be the case to create another machine?



No comments:

Post a Comment